GoGreen! Spring Run
Presented by: Endurance United
10k | 5k | 3x5k Team Run
May 3rd, 2014
- Race #1 in the Urban Trail Series – Come celebrate the new season and spring into shape at the annual Go Green Trail Run & Hike. This is the first race in the St. Paul Urban Trail Series. This first race in the series is a great opportunity to wake up your legs after a long Minnesota winter. You can run, jog or pole hike the beautiful trails of Battle Creek Park in St. Paul. By doing this event you are also helping to support a non-profit organization, which is Endurance United, of whom mission is to create a viable healthy and active outdoor community around Battle Creek Park. This is a great chance to get active – good for your body and good for the environment. Sign up alone or bring three friends for our new 3x5k relay and come in a spring themed costume to enter our costume contest!
Effective 2014 Dates
10k & 5k
3 x 5k Relay
|Standard Entry||After March 15th||$30||$80|
|Late Entry||After April 29th||$35||$90|
|Race Day Entry||May 3, 2014||$35||$90|
|Kids 17 & Under (no shirt)||Through May 3, 2014||$10|
Free with Entry
The first 400 runners to register will receive a free Go Green t-shirt. Entry also includes post race food and beverages along with entry into our spring themed costume contest with prizes.
Unfortunately Endurance United cannot refund entry fees. In the event that the race is cancelled those fees will be reimbursed with vouchers for free entry into a different Endurance United event.
Pre-Race Bib Pickup
Bib pickup will be available starting at 7:00am in the Battle Creek rec center at the registration table. Bibs will include safety pins, chip timing on the back of the bib and T-shirts for the first 400 runners registered.
If you are registered as part of a relay you will each need to pick up your bibs separately.
Schedule of Events
Race Day – Saturday May 3rd, 2014
- 7:00am: Day of Registration and Bib Pickup opens at Battle Creek Rec Center
- 8:40am: Day of Registration and Bib Pickup closes
- 8:50am: Race Announcements
- 9:00am: 10k Race Start
- 9:10am: 5k, 3x5k Team Run Race Start
- 10:30am: Awards
- 11:00am: Costume Contest
- 11:30am: Course Closes
Prizes will be awarded to the overall male and female winners of the 5k, 10k and 3x5k as well as the top three from the following ages groups:
- 11 and under
Prizes will also be awarded to the top male and top female costume contest entrant. Come attired and ready for spring! Maybe you’re a tulip, maybe you’re the shinning sun, whatever you are make spring themed. The contest will happen immediately after award and contestants will be judged via applause.
Battle Creek is the Twin Cities premiere urban trail recreation area. Combining scenic trails with urban vistas Battle Creek retains all the beauty of the outdoors while be just in the Twin Cities’ backyard. It’s hilly terrain will challenge even the toughest of runners while it’s single track trails will inspire any nature enthusiast. We hope you find Battle Creek as compelling and beautiful as we do.
The course will be a single 5k loop marked with pin flags. 10k runners will do two laps. The exchange zone and finish/lap lane are located adjacent to one another and the start zone will be in the normal stadium area (see the map below).
Weather can be variable in Minnesota —especially in the spring— so come prepared. Always bring extra layers. We will still hold the race during rain but will cancel for lightning or other severe weather.
On street parking is available around the Battle Creek Rec Center and in the Rec Center parking lot. Please be courteous to our neighbors.
The Go Green race would not be possible without the help from these wonderful sponsors. Click on their logos to go to their sites and let them know how great they are:
Interested in Sponsoring an Event?
If you are interested in a sponsorship opportunity please contact us at: email@example.com.